It’s been a wonderful year for Heaton Moor Market – back in February, we closed the top half of Shaw Road to traffic on market day for the first time, enabling more amazing traders to join us and make the market safer for customers – nice to be able to wander around a larger area without the worry of those cars speeding down the road!
Local support has grown & grown, and it has been just great to see so many people enjoying the market, the products on offer and chatting with traders.
The aim behind the market has been to provide a place for small, independent businesses to be able to sell directly to the public, to encourage more people to the Heatons to see all the wonderful shops, bars & restaurants we have, and importantly, to promote the shop local message.
As it is coming to the end of the year and the last market for 2014 is approaching on Sunday 07 December, we would like to encourage everyone to continue to support local businesses by shopping and dining local this Christmas – let’s keep it in The Heatons 😉
Gifts & Food
A few ideas for Christmas gift & food shopping:
- Pokusevski’s – great place to buy fresh cheeses, pies, olives, cured meats and more……also perfect for those gift hampers
- Eternal Envy Boutique – all your fashion needs this festival season, great place for gift shopping too
- Back’s – stockists of real ales, wine and all sorts of foodie loveliness for Christmas
- Blagg’s – looking for kitchen or garden-inspired gifts, be sure to see what’s available here
- New Skin Beauty at Blazier – get your skin party-ready, or treat someone to a gift voucher for a new year pamper
- Littlewoods the Butchers – just down the road in Heaton Chapel, order your choice of meat for Christmas Day Lunch
- Duggans Fruit & Veg – new to Heaton Chapel this year, stop by for those tangerines & carrots
- Victoria Highfield Jewellers – plenty of gift options and a bit of sparkle at Moor Top
- Moo Boutique – Christmas party-wear and gidt option for the ladies
- Unwins – family greengrocers at Moor Top – stock up on all your Christmas Dinner veggies!
Food & Drink
Enjoy a coffee break during all that Christmas shopping, or book a table to enjoy a Christmas meal:
- Kro – perfect stop off to enjoy a coffee & cake while shopping! Christmas menu available for lunch & dinner
- The Kushoom Koly – traditional Christmas meals not your thing – how about a curry instead from Heaton Moor’s longest established Indian Restaurant
- Marmaris – a taste of Turkey in Heaton Moor, the country that is! Arzum and the team will be bringing you a Turkish Christmas throughout November & December
- Brassica Grill – newly opened restaurant by Paul Faulkner, bringing a taste of the city to Shaw Road
- Easy Fish – at Moor Top end of Heaton Moor, the Easy Fish restaurant now open – buy your fresh fish for Christmas here too
- Damson – enjoy Christmas party-meals throughout November & December – you can even book in for Christmas day!
- Juniper – take a break over a coffee and sandwich down at Moor Top
And, don’t forget, Christmas officially kicks-off in The Heatons on Friday 28 November with the Shaw Road Xmas Light Switch-on event organized by the local traders association, the 4HTA, followed by Christmas in Heaton Chapel on Saturday 29 November at St Thomas’s Church.